WE'LL BE BACK!

Join 0 others // PLAY.MINEVIBE.NET

[GUIDE] How to reduce lag

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rex, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Rex

Rex Established Member
    VIP BETA

Hello and welcome to Rex's guide on reducing lag!
    Hey there Minevibe community! Today I will show you how to effectively reduce lag while playing on the Minevibe server! Make sure to read all of the text and steps for the best outcome! Hope this will work for you!

Step One
    : Restarting Router

Sometimes your router gets a little bit tired from lots of bandwidth usage, maybe it just needs a restart. On most routers, to restart, you need to unplug the power cable then after 5 seconds plug it back in.

Step Two: Flushing DNS Cache

Your DNS cache can cause a major ping increase, it is recommended to flush it frequently.
    To flush your DNS, you need to open your command prompt (to do this, hit WINDOWS KEY + R and type in cmd).
    [​IMG]
    Next, in the command prompt, type in "ipconfig /flushdns" and press ENTER
    your command prompt should appear like this:
    [​IMG]

Step Three: Keep the internet to yourself

The internet can be slow with lots of people using it, especially when someone is streaming 1080p 60fps loud dub-step in the living room. Make sure to keep the internet clear while gaming as it will reduce your ping dramatically.

Step Four: Proxies (not recommended)

DISCLAIMER: Using proxies are not recommended as it can get in between the crossfire of banning rule-breakers. The reason for this is that it is a tool used by rule-breakers to evade bans. IP bans do not yet exist on Minevibe (I think, correct me if necessary) so it should be OK for now but it is not recommended to risk it.

A proxy service cannot decrease your ping, except for some rare situations where it is not related to the connection location.

Step Five: Other
    improvements

- Use Teamspeak / Discord instead of Skype
    - Cancel/pause all background uploads ie. YouTube
    - If a big problem still remains, contact your ISP (internet service provider)
    - Regedit is an option still not recommended but if you do decide to risk it: http://www.leatrix.com/leatrix-latency-fix is recommended.
    - Make sure you're either not using a wireless connection or are very close to the access point. This is a common mistake.
    If you don't already use one, wire an Ethernet cable to your computer! :p

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY OF THESE STEPS RESULTS IN AN INDIVIDUAL PUNISHMENT TO THE COMMUNITY.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mat_the_w

Mat_the_w Active Member
    Pro

Step Six, move to America xD

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Specular

Specular Active Member
    VIP

Regedit is for an unfair advantage (Supposed to reduce KB by decreasing ping) The thing is it doesn't actually do anything but it's still bannable on most servers so I would recommend you to take it off the list, as you would not want to be responsible for someone using it and getting banned.

EDIT: I also understand you take no responsibility for someone else's actions, it's just there is no point of putting it up there because it doesn't even actually do anything
    Just a suggestion

• Like Like x 2
    • Hmm Hmm x 1
  4. Rex

Rex Established Member
    VIP BETA

Some of these steps do reduce lag and I am going to keep them all up here because I have had people say that they do work.

• Like Like x 1