WE'LL BE BACK!

Join 0 others // PLAY.MINEVIBE.NET

Denied Public Chat Rooms

Discussion in 'Denied Ideas' started by Rex, Nov 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rex

Rex Established Member
    VIP BETA

Greetings Minevibe community!
    I have come to you here today to make an awesome forums suggestion that would be absolutely amazing! My suggestion is that we add a live support channel to the corner of our screens for immediate staff support for any current issues.What I will do in this guide:​
    • What it is.
    • How this would be great
    • Why to add this
    What is this?
    A public chat room is a section on a website that allows players to publicly chat with other players while on the forums. It is generally in a designated section on the top banner of the website, or in the corner of your screen with a small rectangular shape to click on.

How would this be great?
    This would be amazing to add because it does not have members go straight to the discord to talk to a player. This would also be great because players are generally more active via forums than discord. We could simply start a conversation but this would be the fasted possible ways to contact, or chat with one or more players.

Why should we add this?
    I beleive this would be an incredible asset to the forums as this would allow players, as I said, to talk with other players very swiftly. We could then, allow new people to ask some early questions to the community and staff because of the simple possibility that he/she may not have discord installed, or have any experience with it!

I hope this suggestion will become active and can't wait to see the outcome!​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chimps

Chimps Regular Member

Agreed

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aluux

Aluux Regular Member
    VIP BETA

I like this idea, however I feel as though it would be better implemented in the future once all our bugs and issues are fixed and our playerbase gets going a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ExpertOfChess

ExpertOfChess Regular Member
    VIP

Hey Rex,
    I, for one, don't believe this much of a necessity on the Forums. It seems like it would take too much work to develop for the minor benefits received. First off, there really isn't any need to add another platform for communication on the Minevibe network. If players want a simple and informal conversation, they can simply talk in-game or on the Discord server. You also stated "players are generally more active via Forums than Discord," to which I disagree. Minevibe's Discord platform is the place of many conversations a day, which you can see by simply scrolling through the channel histories. For players that wish to "talk swiftly," talking on Discord or in-game will be just as fast, if not faster, than the alternative you're suggesting. If players wish to talk on the Forums, they have other alternatives, such as starting a conversation. If players have any questions, we have an entire section dedicated on the Forums just for that! :) Alternatively, players can ask basic questions on the Discord or simply in-game. It's not that I don't think your idea shouldn't be implemented, but I just don't think it's all too necessary at the moment. Either way, thank you for suggesting another idea on the Forums! I can't wait to see what new suggestion you'll come up with next! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. wpc

wpc Regular Member
    Pro

I disagree with your response, ExpertOfChess. It shouldn't matter if it's a small benefit since you're simply bringing another quick and easy way for players to have swift interaction and general communication. This wouldn't just involve a "helpop" type of section but rather what I stated above. Plus, it's definitely another simple way of getting in contact with staff members(if they decide to not PM a staff member anywhere on the forums that is). I will say that you should not hold your expectations high for your fellow staff team on quick communication since not everyone will have a liking to answering anything in both of those areas. In the end, I personally don't mind if it exists or not since I rarely use Minecraft forum sites, but at least Rex has a point in his own suggestion.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rex

Rex Established Member
    VIP BETA

Thank you wpc, and it is good to see you back!

• Like Like x 1
  7. WafflePvP823

WafflePvP823 Newbie

8. JapaneseSquid

JapaneseSquid Senior Moderator
    Senior Moderator Support Team Staff Development Community Team Production Team

In my opinion, there is no need to develop another platform of communication. We already have a team speak and a discord, not to mention in game. If you want to contact a staff member, it’d be easier to just use discord and use the #staff-help channel, or if it’s more urgent, message a staff member directly. As for the developing side of things, there are higher priorities in terms of developing, and creating yet another platform of communication instead of optimizing a current existing one is most likely not of the developers’ interest.

@Rex I understand your concern for community interactions within Minevibe, but once again, it’d be easier to make suggestions for the discord instead of suggesting a new feature for the website. As for the whole “New players might not have discord installed” argument, in the same sense, new players might not have a forum account or might not know of the forums itself. It’s not any more difficult to create a discord acccount than it is to create a forum account, the only difference being that having a discord account would be more optimal and more useful. Even if creating a discord account was harder for any reason, the pros outweigh the cons in terms of forums vs discord for quick and swift interaction.

9. Chimps

Chimps Regular Member

Not all people have discord, this would be an easily accessible forums tool

10. wpc

wpc Regular Member
    Pro

You are simply not getting the point of what I stated in my post, but whatever fits your taste. I am not here to start an argument myself.

The only line of defense in this situation for them/anyone else is the fact that not everyone will be able to access everything. Some people won't be able to create forum accounts, some people won't be able to create Discord accounts. It's useless to throw something like that into a thread like this haha. All I am really saying to them is the fact that they continuously hold high expectations for their staff team(any server does this actually, not just them) and expect staff members to actually do their duties in certain areas like that. I am certain to a high degree that there are multiple staff members on that staff team that don't even look at the help sections on either their Discord server or the forums based on what I've seen over the last 4 months.

11. wpc

wpc Regular Member
    Pro

No problem! Glad I can help support your idea. I am never coming back to Minevibe though, haha. I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble but I am not wasting my time on this game(I still somewhat play it though but only with a few friends) unless Mojang actually supports the multiplayer/competitive scene.

12. Rex

Rex Established Member
    VIP BETA

Ok then!

13. Chimps

Chimps Regular Member

• It isn’t useless, most people who are on the forums. Get off your high horse. @wpc

14. invaderr

invaderr Operations Assistant
    Manager Administrator Staff Development

Hello there,

I thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion that you feel could benefit the Minevibe network. I understand some of the points made throughout the life of this thread but will be denying your suggestion as I do not feel it could benefit members of the community here. We already have an established form of live-chat communication by way of our Community Discord and for this reason, and the fact that members of our Moderation Team are already carrying the burden of moderating four platforms, I do not feel this suggestion could positively change Minevibe.

If you do wish to have a conversation on our Forums, there are many conversation-type threads where you can introduce yourself to many. We also have a 'Conversations' feature that you may employ too.

Thanks,
    invaderr

~ Thread locked, suggestion denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.